Wednesday 2 November 2016

Some pre-vacation cards

Last night I got back from spending five days in Arizona for my mother's birthday. I had a great trip, hit one card store, and have a bunch of things to create posts with, but first I want to deal with some random cards that I had picked up between my mailbox and a local store and posted about before I left.


(L-R): 1995 Excalibur - Rookie Redemption Gold #15; 1995 Action Packed - Quick Silver #110
I'm probably going to get confused as to where each card came from, but I believe the Excalibur card was from an eBay auction, and the Action Packed card was from the local store. I had the base cards for both and am happy to add the parallels to them.


Top (l-r): 1999 Playoff Prestige SSD - Spectrum Blue #174 (#/500); 2002 Bowman's Best - Blue #49 (#/300)
Bottom: 2000 Pacific #95
I would try to keep remembering where the cards were from but really, I would probably get it wrong so there is no point. The important thing is that they are all needed for my collection.


The funny thing with that last sentence is that I then picked up the same card at the Arizona store over the weekend. Oh, well, it can join my very large pile of Browns doubles.


Top (l-r): 2008 Topps Rookie Progression - Veterans Gold #PV-BE (#/199); 2009 Topps National Chicle - Mini #131
Bottom: 2009 Donruss Certified - Certified Potential #20 (#/1000)
The Browns have spent many high draft picks on wide receivers over the years. Edwards was a first round pick in 2005, while Robiskie and Massaquoi were both second round picks in 2009.


L-R: 2011 Bowman Sterling - Refractors #42 (#/299); 2012 Topps Chrome - Blue Wave Refractors #BW-43
Two ex-Browns still playing in the league - Sheard with the Patriots, and Benjamin with the Chargers.


I like the different color bordered Topps Chrome refractors but the Blue Wave ones really stand out.


(L-R): 2013 Panini Prizm - Prizms #14; 2013 Topps Chrome - Xfractors #13
More shiny parallels, but without the colored borders. Not that they are shown here, but I do like that both cards are identified on the back as parallels with the printing of "Prizm" and "Refractor" by the number.


Top: 2014 Panini Certified - Sky's The Limit Red #SKY29 (#/249)
Bottom (l-r): 2014 Panini Prizm - Orange Prizm #158; 2014 Topps Chrome #55
Going through my cards I was surprised to see that I was missing the base card for Josh Gordon in the 2014 Topps Chrome set. Maybe that is because the refractors weren't marked as such and when I looked in my binder I realized I had two refractors...  Sigh.



Top: 2015 Bowman - Rookies Rainbow Gold #82 (#/399)
Bottom (l-r): 2015 Panini Contenders Draft Picks #53; 2015 Panini Contenders Draft Picks - School Colors #15
Well, there's the Vince Mayle sighting among these college uniformed cards but it doesn't have any logos - he was a Washington State Cougar. You can see the Baylor Bears and Miami Hurricanes represented on the licensed Panini cards.


Top (l-r): 2015 Score - Scorecard #122; 2015 Score - Scorecard #401
Bottom: 2015 Topps - Pink #474 (#/499)
A few more parallels. None of the players above are still with the Browns.


I figure that I might as well end with this Vince Mayle card since I don't think I picked any up in Arizona so it could be a while since we see another one.


It should be fun watching the baseball tonight. As a neutral fan it is great seeing a series go seven games. One fan base will be really happy to see their team finally win. I'll be very happy for that fan base as I understand what it is like to have your team not win in your lifetime. (And as a Browns fan a title seems so far away - I just want to win a game this year!)

1 comment:

  1. Action Packed card here is my favorite...I always loved Action Packed, and they chose a great photo for that card

    ReplyDelete