Friday 4 January 2019

Players with only one card in my collection - 7

Another in a series showing cards of five players with only one card in my collection, and using images from The Trading Card Database. I'm using their sorting tools to look through my collection listed on their site to see who only has one card, and then finding the first five names that I haven't posted yet.

Here we go!

1995 Pacific #95



After being drafted by the Los Angeles Rams in 1989, as can be seen on the card above, Frank Stams played three seasons with the Rams. Where the card is wrong, however, is that he was traded to the Browns in 1992.

Frank Stams played in four games with the Browns in 1995, before finishing his career with one game with the Chiefs in 1995.

In a way it is a bit of a cheat to say that I only have one Frank Stams card in my collection. I only have one of his cards in my Browns collection, which is what this series is about. I have other cards of his in a small collection of Notre Dame cards that I keep as well. This card, along with two parallels, are his only cards with the Browns.


1964 Philadelphia #39



Charley Scales, as seen above, originally entered the NFL as a free agent with the Pittsburgh Steelers. He played with the Steelers in 1960 and 1961 before being traded to the Browns for a 1963 fifth round pick. He played four years with the Browns before finishing his career with Atlanta in 1966.

This appears to be Scales' only football card, although he also had a Coca-Cola bottle cap with the Browns in 1964.


1991 Score Supplemental #32T


Lee Rouson played his final NFL season with the Browns in 1991, carrying the ball three times, and catching two passes.

Rouson had three football cards during his career listed in the database. This was his only Browns card.


1978 Topps #184



Larry Poole played four seasons in the NFL, the three listed above on the back of the card, and then the 1978 season with the Houston Oilers.

This is his only football card listed in the database.


1981 Topps #478



As Keith Wright's only listed card on the database, this card also serves as his sunset card as Wright's NFL career spanned the three seasons with the Browns listed on the back of the card.


2 comments:

  1. I think this is the first post in your series that I didn't recognize a single player!

    ReplyDelete