Sunday 20 January 2019

COMC order Part 5 - working on two sets from 2010

My last COMC order allowed me to pick up a bunch of cards from two 2010 sets. The order brought one set down to four cards to complete all the Browns from it, but the other one has so many parallels that I doubt it will ever be completed.

L-R: 2010 Panini Adrenalyn XL #95 and #100

Here are two base cards from the Panini Adrenalyn XL card game. I've never played the game, or even read the rules, and I know nothing about it.

L-R: 2010 Panini Adrenalyn XL #98; - Special #S15

Here is the base Jake Delhomme card, along with his card in a foil Special insert set. You can see that the Delhomme's game stats are higher on the Special card. I guess they wanted to make sure you'd keep buying cards to improve your team with a better version of some of your players.

L-R: 2010 Panini Adrenalyn XL #99; - Extra #E8

Here is a similar pair of Jerome Harrison cards, but the insert set is a different foil Extra card. The stats seem to be a little bit more of an improvement on the Extra card as opposed to the Special card earlier.

L-R: 2010 Panini Adrenalyn XL #101; - Extra Signature #ES8

Here is another set of cards, but this one has a foil Extra Signature insert card. The signature appears to be printed onto the card. The increase of stats is a even a little bit higher on this insert card.

These cards bring me down to needing two more base cards, of Eric Barton and Sheldon Brown. I also need a Special version of Sheldon Brown, and an Ultimate Signature of Josh Cribbs. From scans I've seen, the Ultimate Signature card also appears to have a pre-printed signature on the card, and the stats appear to be eight higher than the base card.

I'm sure that I will eventually complete all the Browns in this set.

On the other hand, I will likely never complete all the needed Browns cards from the following set.


L-R: 2010 Score - Scorecard #70 (#/499); - Glossy #169

In the 2010 Score set, there are fourteen Browns cards to collect. I have all the base cards that I need, but each card also has six parallels (Artist's Proofs, End Zone, Glossy, Gold Zone, Red Zone and Scorecard).

I thought that I read that Ben Watson had announced that this would be his last year playing. Since the Saints were defeated today, that would mean that his career is over. I enjoyed watching him play, and was glad that he had a stint with the Browns.


L-R: 2010 Score - Glossy #67; - Gold Zone #67 (#/299)

The Glossy parallel team set is the one that I'm closest to completing. I'm now down to needing just three cards to complete it.


L-R: 2010 Score - Scorecard #373 (#/499); - Hot Rookies Gold Zone #25 (#/299)

Oh, yeah, and the insert sets all had the same six parallels. This is the first of the Hot Rookies parallels that I own, but there are also Colt McCoy parallels to find.

L-R: 2010 Score - Gold Zone #73 (#/299); - Scorecard #73 (#/499)

These two Massaquoi parallels are added to the Glossy one that I already owned. His three parallels are the most that I have of any player so far.

L-R: 2010 Score - Red Zone #69 (#/100); - Scorecard #69 (#/499)

These are my first parallels of the Joe Thomas card. Although the Glossy seems to be the easiest to find, I don't have the Joe Thomas one yet. This is my first Red Zone parallel for this set.

Checking my collection, and doing a little bit of quick math, there are 84 different parallel Browns cards to collect of the base cards. I just picked up nine of them, and they joined eleven that I already had. So, I'm very close to having collected a quarter of the available parallels.

I don't own any of the Artist's Proofs, numbered out of 32, or the End Zone parallels, numbered out of 6. I've still got plenty more of these parallels to acquire.

1 comment:

  1. 84 parallels for one team set. Now that's what I call dedication. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete