Sunday 14 October 2018

Five minute post - five random cards from my collection

So, reading Daniel's blog, It's like having my own Card Shop, and his five minute posts, and then Fuji trying it himself, and also seeing that the Trading Card Database has a new 'random card from your collection' feature, I figured I would make a five minute post, and possibly make it a weekly series.

I have my own version of doing so, in that I will set up the scans, copying the images from the Trading Card Database, and set up the skeleton of the post. I will then take up to a minute to post about each of the five cards.

Let's see what cards I wind up with!

1992 Game Day #245

Kosar was a favorite growing up. I had a poster of him hanging on my wall. I bought a box of 1992 Game Day when it came out and assume that I pulled this card from the box. I like the oddball size.


2000 Pacific Crown Royale - Cramer's Choice Jumbos #1

Another oversize card, another quarterback. I either got this from Sportlots or on eBay, but I think it was Sportlots. I really think Couch was ill-served by the team with a poor offensive line that caused him to get hurt all the time. Nicer card in person


2016 Score #77

Duke Johnson had a good game today. I would like to see him used more.

I really like how Score has a wide selection of players per team in their sets. I think this is one of the brands from Panini that I look forward to each year.


2007 Topps Performance #82

Another card that I think is nicer in person. I enjoyed Edwards with the Browns, he had a lot of talent and made the Pro Bowl. Sadly, the drops hurt and then he was a little bitter with the fans when he was traded.


2011 Panini Absolute Memorabilia - War Room Materials Autographs #16, SN 45/49

Another nice card, and it is one of my scans used on the database, so I know that this is my serial number.

Little is another receiver that was maddening to watch with the drops. I heard he was trying out for some other team in the NFL this year, perhaps Arizona? Didn't hear about him making it though.


Well, there it is. Five random cards from my collection, and a pretty quick post. I had a stopwatch going for each card, and didn't go over a minute on any of them.

Daniel, thanks for the idea of the five minute post!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on beating the clock! I'll eventually be successful... but it'll probably end up being a one card post. By the way... I am a huge fan of those Game Day cards. I'm still kicking myself for passing up a complete set I found at the flea market a few months ago.

    ReplyDelete