Wednesday 24 February 2016

Wallet Card Wednesday - 7

Last week, after fighting through the Ottawa weather, I took a four day trip to a game convention in the Boston area.

I drove with a friend, stopping at my post office box in Ogdensburg, and then traveling down to Syracuse, and heading towards Albany. My friend is a big Vancouver Canucks fan, and on the way wanted to stop into Utica to see if he could buy any Utica Comets gear.
Utica Memorial Auditorium

Sorry, no wallet card on this photo, but this was taken from inside my car in the parking lot.

We went up to the box office, and they told us that the gift shop was open, and we just needed to head inside.

So, here is the view upon walking in. We hope to go back sometime to actually see a game there.

In the meantime, we heard sounds from the ice.

It wasn't a practice, but there were kids being given instruction. It was nice to see the inside of the rink. My friend ended up buying a really cool blanket, and a t-shirt.

Moving on to the convention in Mansfield, MA, I only took one photo there.
Maybe I should have added some paper as a background to the card.

You can barely make out the wallet card in the face of the cut-out of Amiri, Pathfinder's iconic Barbarian. (The character art is by Wayne Reynolds.) It might not have been the most thought out idea, but I'll blame that to not thinking straight during a weekend of gaming. I had a lot of fun.

I should have taken a picture of Foxboro stadium, as I came across it on my trip. One night we decided to leave the convention early and go see Deadpool. Looking online, we saw the closest movie theater was in Foxboro, and pulling into the parking lot we saw that it was right behind an end-zone of the stadium. It wasn't a sight that I expected to see this trip. (Oh, and Deadpool was lots of fun. I will have to see it again.)

Last week's house troubles carried through a little to my trip. I received a text from one of my roommates that the temporary fix on the furnace broke down and that he had to call the landlord. It was quickly fixed.

2 comments:

  1. Seems like you had yourself a pretty nice trip. I too found Deadpool to be worth going to see again; might even be my favorite superhero film yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a good trip to Boston!

    ReplyDelete