Thursday 25 July 2019

Value pack of 2019 Panini Prestige football

Here is a look at another 2019 football set with a value pack I picked up last week.



The pack has thirty cards which means that it is guaranteed that a couple of teams won't have cards in it. I'm hoping the Browns aren't shut out.



The design is pretty similar to previous year Prestige cards. You can see the player's name and the team logo, but no position on the front.



Of course the Steelers are never shut out in any packs that I buy.



I wish that they could find a few different type of photos in this set other than players running with the ball. The only two so far that haven't been running with the ball are Jameis Winston about to throw the ball, and Jason Pierre-Paul, the only defensive player in the pack so far.



All right, the Browns aren't shut out of the pack! Jarvis Landry ! "Bless 'm"!

Now we can see what the backs of the base cards look like.


Okay, now we see the back. No position on it anywhere. No biographical information about the player at all. About as basic statistics as one could show on the back of a card. The photo on the back is cropped from the photo on the front of the card.

Not impressed with the back at all.



Some defensive representation in the pack.



The top two cards are my green parallels from the pack.

The other two inserts weren't back to back in the pack, but I moved them to be together so that I could scan these four cards together. That left me two horizontal cards to scan together. (With the thirty cards in the pack, this allows me to have seven scans of four cards, and one scan of the two horizontal cards.)



Woo hoo! A Baker Mayfield insert card!

As you can see from the Blue-Chip Recruits card, Byron Murphy played his college football for the Washington Huskies. He was drafted in the second round by the Arizona Cardinals, bringing him home as he was born in Scottsdale.

Here is the back of the Mayfield insert:



I like the write-up on the back of the card, but again, nothing really stands out to me about the card back.

I like that the photo was taken of Mayfield in the Browns color rush uniform.



The final four cards in the pack were the rookie cards.

You can barely see the lightning bolt of the Los Angeles Chargers in the top left of Jerry Tillery's card. It kind of blends in to his Notre Dame teammate's helmet.

I don't think that I'll be buying any more packs of this year's Prestige set. It really doesn't do anything for me. The one advantage that it has over the Score set that I've shown is that it actually has the rookies with their NFL teams.

I will still pick up all the Browns cards from the set, and will have a small post tomorrow about a few that I've already received in a PWE from another collector.


2 comments:

  1. I loved this years Prestige. I will be showing off my Value pack as well soon. I like the clean crisp photos on the rookies. I need to find myself a Daniel Jones one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I have am extra one? Base or something specific

      Delete