Saturday 27 August 2016

From The Chronicles of Fuji

I made the drive down to my PO Box today and had an envelope waiting for me from Fuji. I am always pleasantly surprised at the generosity of other bloggers and was thrilled with the cards inside.
Top (l-r): 1999 SkyBox Dominion - AtlantAttidue #3; 2014 Finest- Atomic Refractor Rookies #FAR-CSH
Bottom: 2012 Panini Absolute - War Room Materials #6

We'll start with three of the twenty-four QBs to start for the Browns since 1999.

I had heard that Connor Shaw was in the Bears training camp after the Browns released him this year so I decided to see how he was doing to put something in this post. Sadly, after going 5-6 for 68 yards and a touchdown this afternoon against the Chiefs, he suffered a gruesome leg injury that is being reported as a broken leg just above the ankle. Sad news. Best wishes go out to him.

Brandon Weeden appears to be getting third-string QB reps with the Houston Texans behind Brock Osweiler and Tom Savage.

Top: 2008 Panini Gridiron Gear - Performers Silver #P-29 (#/250)
Bottom: 2004 Playoff Prestige - Xtra Points Black #34 (#/25)

Okay, I scanned these two running backs together but there is really no comparison between the two.

Leroy Kelly was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 1974, and twice led the league in rushing (1967 and 1968) after following Jim Brown as the starting running back for the Browns.

William Green played his four year career with the Browns and ran for just over 2100 yards in his career. But when I talked about being surprised at the generosity of bloggers, it is because I'm still amazed that people will send each other cards with such a small print run. I really appreciate receiving it to add to my collection.

Top: 2002 Bowman's Best Football #111
Bottom: 2004 Donruss Classics - Timeless Tributes Red #22 (#/100)

A former Virginia Tech receiver, Andre Davis played the first three years of his eight year career with the Browns.

I don't quite see the bottom card being red, but that seems to be what it is called.

L: 2004 Flair #66 (#/799); R: 2008 Finest - Blue Refractor #82

And we finish up with two cards of former Browns tight end Kellen Winslow Jr.  It is always fun to see early cards where they are wearing numbers that they never wore during their career.

Fuji, thanks for the great package of cards! I really appreciate the additions to my collection. I have a few more additions to your collection about to hit the mail soon.

1 comment:

  1. Glad the cards arrived safely! I'll try to help you work on acquiring the 21 other quarterbacks ;)

    ReplyDelete