This post is continuing a selection of cards from my recent Sportlots order. This one will show cards that I purchased for my Browns collection from 2007 sets onwards. It will also finish with a couple of music cards that I also bought in my order.
The 2007 cards start with some Braylon Edwards cards.
The top left card is a Blue parallel, numbered out of 500, from the Bowman set; the top right card is a Series Black insert card, numbered out of 400, from the Donruss Elite set; the bottom card is a Scorecard parallel, numbered out of 750, from the Score set.
Braylon Edwards is third on the list of players with the most cards in my collection. He is only five cards behind Kevin Johnson, and he has over a hundred cards more than the fourth spot in my collection.
The card on the left is a Refractor parallel from the Topps Chrome set.
The card on the right is a Copper parallel, numbered out of 2007 from the regular Topps set. For the record, Kellen Winslow is the player that is fourth on the most cards list in my Browns collection.
My purchase only had a handful of cards between 2008 and 2105. Here are two from 2008.
On the left is a Scorecard insert, numbered out of 649, from the Score set. This is the eighth that I own of twelve parallels Cribbs has for this set. I still need the Artist's Proof (out of 32), End Zone (out of 6), Gold Zone (out of 400), and Red Zone (out of 100) parallels to complete the run. There is no 1/1 to chase.
The card on the right is a NFL Icons Blue insert card, numbered out of 250, from the Upper Deck Icons set.
Now there is a bit of a time jump for the rest of the cards.
The card on the left is a Mini parallel card from the 2012 Upper Deck Goodwin Champions set.
Charles White was a first round pick for the Browns in the 1980 NFL Draft. But that isn't why he would have been included in this set. It would be for being the 1979 Heisman Trophy winner while playing with USC. But as a Browns draft pick, I'll pick up cards like this to keep adding to my collection. (I won't collect any Rams cards of his, as they are from a different NFL team.)
The card on the right is a base 2015 Panini Rookies & Stars card of the Browns first round pick from that year's NFL Draft, Danny Shelton.
The above cards are all from a collegiate 2015 Ohio State Buckeyes multi-sport set.
Hall of Famer Paul Warfield was the Browns first round draft pick of the 1964 NFL Draft.
Brian Hartline finished his seven year NFL career with his final season in Cleveland in 2015.
Donte Whitner played for the Browns in 2014 and 2015 before finishing his eleven year career with Washington in 2016.
If a player wasn't drafted by the Browns, I will collect college cards of players that came out in years that they played for the Browns, so these made the cut for my collection.
The top left Kareem Hunt card is a base card that I needed from the 2022 Score set.
The top right Donovan Peoples-Jones card is a base card from the 2023 Panini Prestige set.
The bottom left Bernie Kosar card is the base card from the 2024 Topps Signature Class set. If the card looks familiar, it is because the autographed version of this card was shown in a recent post.
The bottom right Earnest Byner card is a Red parallel card from the 2025 Panini Rookies & Stars set.
There were probably about another dozen base cards in my purchase from the last few years that were from various Mosaic, Optic, and Phoenix sets that I couldn't be bothered scanning. Although I want them for my collections, I'm starting to find them boring.
- - - - - -
I did also purchase two music cards in my latest Sportlots order.
The first is a card out of Tuff Stuff Magazine:
Madonna's card was from a twelve card panel that included a Tyson vs Ruddock card, Bo Jackson, Darryl Strawberry, Larry Bird, Mario Lemieux, Eric Lindros, Adam Oates, Patrick Ewing, Cecil Fielder, Troy Aikman and Warren Moon. (As a sidenote, I remember watching the Tyson fight by pay-per-view at an uncle's house in Regina, Saskatchewan.)
Some pretty big names on that panel, but I'm pretty sure she was the most recognizable name of the bunch.
The second card purchased brings my 1991 Pro Set MusiCards Promos collection a little bit closer to being completed.


This card leaves me needing the Public Enemy promo card, and the error version of the Madonna promo card to finish it.
This brings to an end the posts from my recent Sportlots purchase. I'm sure I'll get the urge for another one in a few months or so but we'll see what happens then.
No comments:
Post a Comment