Wednesday 5 December 2018

Black Friday purchase at Teamsets4u.com

Around Black Friday, I received an email from Teamsets4u.com letting me know that there was a 10% off Black Friday sale on the site. I decided to take a look to see if there was any Browns sets that I wanted to buy.

I found two.

The first is the Topps Collection parallel team set for 2004 Topps.

Unlike other seasons where they have a gold foil Topps Collection logo on the cards, the difference with these cards is that the foil on the cards is gold, as opposed to silver for the regular base cards. (Of course the gold didn't scan well so you'll have to take my word for it.)

Top (l-r): 2004 Topps - Collection #103 and #79
Bottom (l-r): 2004 Topps - Collection #156 and #128

I guess this would be a parallel of the Topps sunset card for Tim Couch, as he was released by the Browns in 2004, and never made any other teams afterwards.

Top: 2004 Topps - Collection #185
Bottom (l-r): 2004 Topps - Collection #232 and #214

Two more quarterbacks in this scan. After watching Garcia play in the CFL, and after he went to San Francisco, I was so excited about him coming to the Browns. Unfortunately he didn't live up to my expectations.


Top: 2004 Topps - Collection #263
Bottom (l-r): 2004 Topps - Collection #283 and #277

I love the accent on the André Davis card. Or rather, the apostrophe after his name.

Isn't it fun having an André Davis and an Andra Davis on the same team?


Top: 2004 Topps - Collection #368
Bottom (l-r): 2004 Topps - Collection #374 and #370

Here's the rookies, and they include a fourth quarterback in the 13 card team set. All four quarterbacks started games for the Browns at some point in their careers.

Although it was nice to get that team set, I'm a little more excited about the next one. It is another parallel, but this time it is the five card Gold parallel team set of the 2007 Playoff NFL Playoffs Browns. The Gold parallel cards are numbered out of 299.

Top (l-r): 2007 Playoff NFL Playoffs - Gold #24 and #23
Bottom: 2007 Playoff NFL Playoffs #167

Two receiving veterans along with a rookie cornerback, but the next scan is why I wanted this team set.

L-R: 2007 Playoff NFL Playoffs #117 and #104

A rookie parallel of future Hall of Famer Joe Thomas, along with one of former quarterback Brady Quinn.

I was so happy with the 2007 NFL Draft. I liked the idea of grabbing Thomas to play left tackle, although I'm not going to claim that I knew how good he would be. As a Notre Dame fan, I was so happy to see the Browns also draft Brady Quinn.

As soon as I saw this 2007 parallel team set available, I knew that I would be buying it to get these two cards.

 Above, I mentioned that these cards were numbered out of 299. I don't know how the Gold sets were distributed, but I'm thinking that they must have been sold as factory sets, as all my numbers matched.


Woo hoo! All eBay 1 of 1s! Well, except for the fact that I really don't care what serial number I get. If you care, though, perhaps your team's cards are available for sale at the Teams4u website. I will admit, however, that it is pretty cool to have matching serial number cards.

I just looked at the birthdates on the above cards. It is too bad that I didn't post this yesterday, it was Joe Thomas' birthday. A happy belated birthday to Joe Thomas!

I'm very happy to have found both of these team sets.


1 comment:

  1. Wow. That's pretty cool that you've got the 001 parallels. Yeah... I'm one of those guys who likes that sort of stuff.

    ReplyDelete