Sunday 2 December 2018

A minute a card: five random cards from my collection 7

Okay, life got busy so it isn't weekly, but here is another installment showing five random cards from my collection from the collection randomizer at The Trading Card Database, with one minute of commentary on each card.


2015 Panini Contenders Draft Picks #104

Ah, Vince Mayle. My favorite player to collect that never made a Browns regular season team.

An old roommate is a Washington State Cougars fan, so I watched a lot of his college games. I hoped he would do well.


2001 Score #322

Drafted third overall. I thought he had a decent stint with the Browns before being traded to Denver, but I don't think he really lived up to the billing of a number three pick. Probably tough to do as a defensive tackle.


1996 Upper Deck #243

Ugh. One of those Ravens cards that I have to collect because the player is wearing the Browns uniform from the previous year.

At least Antonio Langham had a chance to go back and wear the Browns uniform again in 1999.


2008 Leaf Rookies & Stars - Longevity Silver Holofoil #103 (#/99)

I like the photo on this card taken during a snowy game. I guess that is where the "elements" on the card comes from.

This card isn't purple, that is just coloring added to the holofoil card by my scanner.

1989 Panini Stickers #252

I collected these stickers when they came out. The great thing about the card boom in the late 80s/early 90s is that NFL cards and stickers came to stores in Canada.

I always like Brian Brennan on those 1980s Browns teams. He was a dependable receiver.


2 comments: