Thursday 10 November 2016

Envelope from Bob Walk the Plank

Tuesday night I came from my regular trivia night, where we were slightly distracted with all the election results streaming in, to find a nice bubble wrap envelope waiting for me from Matt at the Bob Walk the Plank blog. Now, I don't know how he could find a moment to send out packages amidst the bombing that he's receiving, but I eagerly opened the package to see what I would find!


Top Left: 2008 Upper Deck Premier - Trios Patch #PTP-AWE (#/75)
Top Right:2011 Panini Gridiron Gear - Autographs Gold #180 (#/299)
Bottom Left: 2012 Topps Prime - Triple Combo Relics #TCR-RIS (#/559)
Bottom Right: 2012 Panini Prizm - Autographs Prizms #262 (#/99)
Hey, look, Browns cards! Who would have guessed? Matt included a note that he had been hoarding Browns cards. I don't mind having people gathering Browns cards from their areas for me, and I'm sure the local sellers are thrilled that someone wants them.


A couple of nice combination relic cards, and a couple of nice autograph cards to add to my collection.


I really like the swatches used in the Upper Deck Premier card. All three players on the card played in the Pro Bowl following the 2007 season, with Edwards named as a reserve, and Anderson and Winslow named as alternates.


Josh Cooper has a nice autograph. I always like it when players add their uniform number to the autographs as it can make it easier to narrow down whose autograph you might have. Cooper was an undrafted free agent that the Browns signed before the 2013 season to rejoin his college quarterback, Brandon Weeden. He played in 11 games over two years with the Browns, catching 17 passes for 166 yards.


Top: 2014 Topps Chrome - Rookie Autographs #202 (x2)
Bottom (l-r): 2014 Panini Contenders #230; 2014 Panini Elite - Rookie Autographs #37; 2014 Topps Prime - Rookie Autographs #147
How about a number of Terrance West autographs? Okay!


Hey, one of these autographs is not like the other. What made West actually add the 'est' to his last name on the Panini Elite card? I don't think I've seen that on any of the other West autographs that I own.


Terrance West is now playing with the Baltimore Ravens, and knowing my luck will run all over the Browns tonight.


Still with the team is West's fellow 2014 rookie running back.

L-R: 2014 Topps Chrome #225; 2014 Topps Fire - Fire Autographs #FA-IC
Maybe Crowell will have a big game tonight opposite his old teammate.


Top: 2014 Bowman Sterling - Relics #BSRDR-TW
Bottom: 2014 Panini National Treasures - Rookie NFL Gear Combo Player Materials #RGC-MT (#/99)
More Terrance West, along with another 2014 rookie no longer with the team. Again, a nice swatch for the Manziel part of the card. It is always nice to get cards from sets like National Treasures that I am very unlikely to buy in stores.


Left: 2015 Panini National Treasures - Rookie Dual Materials Jersey Number Red #RDM-DU (#/29)
Right: 2015 Panini Spectra - Synced Swatches #SS- BRO (#/199)
Hey, a Vince Mayle sighting! Gotta have one of those!


Again, I love the National Treasures card. The relic on the right of the card is smooth, shiny plastic. I wonder where it is from.


Top: 2015 Bowman - Relics #BR-JM
Bottom: 2016 Panini Certified - New Generation Jerseys #5
It will always be weird for me to see the number 19 on anyone other than Bernie Kosar. I hope Corey Coleman has a big night tonight against the Ravens.


Thanks, Matt, and I'll have to hit you back for these cards. And, hey, get your head back into the bunker and stay safe through your bombing!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked them. The Browns have shuffled their roster a lot recently so it is hard to find current guys. Hopefully that team finds the right fit soon. It is really sad to watch them tread water all the time. They should hire Theo Epstein

    ReplyDelete