Friday 8 July 2016

Spring COMC order - Final part: 2014 - 2015

Let's finish up looking at my Spring COMC order with cards from the last couple of years, and with some players that are still part of the team.


L: 2014 Topps Finest - Refractor #4
R: 2014 Topps Platinum - Blue #59
What can you say about Josh Gordon? All the talent you could ask for, but can you count on him for your team? Providing that he has stayed clean, he can apply for his suspension to be lifted at the beginning of August. I don't know how the league will rule. I don't think that he helped his cause earlier this year hanging out at parties with Johnny Manziel. Even if he didn't partake in anything it could give the league decision-makers some pause as they consider his case. And Johnny, thanks for wearing the Gordon jersey and tweeting out your support for him a couple of weeks ago, I'm sure that will help his case.


L: 2014 Panini Select #160
R: 2014 Topps Chrome - Refractor #152


Gabriel's production slipped in his second year with the Browns. After a rookie season of 36 catches with an average of 17.3 yards per catch, in his second season he caught a similar 28 passes (in three less games), but only averaged 8.6 yards per catch. Routes may have been different, or he just may not have broken a few catches for big gains, but I'm sure that everyone would prefer to see his yards per catch increase again.


Justin Gilbert is getting a clean slate with the new coaching staff. Hopefully he develops into a solid starter to help justify his first round draft selection.


L: 2014 Bowman Chrome - Refractor #202
R: 2014 Bowman Chrome - Topps Shelf Rookies #TSR-TW


I really liked the Topps Shelf insert card. I like how the background was made to fit with the team colors and uniform.


I know that I had already shown some of the 2015 cards that I had ordered in my post of Score cards, but I also picked up the following 2015 cards that I needed.


Top: 2015 Topps Platinum - Gold #98
Bottom L: 2015 Panini Contenders - Rookie of the Year Contenders #ROY18
Bottom R: Panini Prizm #219


Here are three players that the Browns will be counting on for the upcoming season. Joe Haden needs to stay healthy, while Danny Shelton needs to keep the weight off that he lost in the off-season. There are hopes that Duke Johnson will be an offensive weapon based on how Hue Jackson has used his running backs in Oakland and Cincinnati.


Top (l-r): 2015 Panini Prizm #300; 2015 Topps Chrome - Green Refractor #168
Bottom (l-r): 2015 Topps Platinum #116; 2015 Topps Platinum - Xfractor #116


I had to end with these Vince Mayle cards. I know, I know, I've harped many times on the amount of cards that he has considering that he didn't make the team out of training camp. I just wish that a set like Topps Platinum that was released in the middle of December could have adapted to roster changes from August.

No comments:

Post a Comment