Today was the second day of the three day 2026 Ottawa Comic-con.
I picked up a couple of card items yesterday that I'll talk about in a future post, but just before closing tonight I was thrilled to meet with one of the convention's special guests, and with a gift that she gave me.
Near the end of the convention day, I saw one of my friends talking with Julie Caitlin Brown. I really wanted to go join him, but didn't want to bother them.
Shortly after he left her, I ran into him again, and mentioned to him that I saw him talking with her, and that she was one of two guests that I wanted to meet at the convention.
He told me that I should have joined him when I saw him talking to her, and that they have been friends for many years. He told me to come with him, and we went to see her again, and he introduced me to her.
Julie Caitlin Brown played the character of Na'Toth on the TV show Babylon 5. She has also appeared on Star Trek: The Next Generation, and Deep Space Nine, among other roles.
In the short time talking with her, I told her how much I loved her in her role as Na'Toth.
She looked at me, and said that since I was a friend of one of her friends, she had a gift for me.
She told me that the card was a rare embossed card from the Babylon 5 collectible card game that she was given a bunch of by Precedence, the maker of the ccg, that she signs and sells.
I love Babylon 5, and coincidentally have been doing a rewatch of the series. I used to play the ccg with a couple of friends when it came out.
This gifted card has definitely joined the favorite cards in my collection.
Talking with her, I found out that she also sings. I found her singing a couple of songs on YouTube, and really enjoy her singing voice.
She also gave me the following contact card, and I'll have to go to her website later to try and find more music.
Julie was very nice to talk to, and I was thrilled that she gave me a few minutes of her time after a long day at the convention.
Thank you, Julie!



No comments:
Post a Comment