Monday 25 July 2022

Contest winner

I would like to thank those that made guesses as to the first Minnie Minoso card that I owned. There were no correct guesses but Brett Alan came so close!

The first Minnie Minoso card that I owned was the 1977 O-Pee-Chee #262 Record Breaker card.


Images taken from The Trading Card Database.


Brett Alan guessed the 1977 Topps version of this card (#232).

As many people that I've traded with know, I'm Canadian, and grew up buying all of these smaller O-Pee-Chee sets.

This card fascinated six-year-old me. Seeing a really old guy on the front of the card, and then reading that he was 53 when he got a hit was crazy! (Of course, now that I'm closing in on 52, I don't think it is that old!)

I'm pretty sure that this card may have triggered the first time that my father told me about Negro League baseball. I know that I heard about the league before I saw "Don't Look Back: The Story of Leroy 'Satchel' Paige" in 1981.

Since nobody guessed the card, I'll randomize all of the commenters in the order that they commented. If Jon or Matt win, since they didn't guess a card signifying they didn't want the Exhibit card, I'll send them something else instead, and then randomize the list again.

Here we go:

List Randomizer

There were 7 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

  1. Jon
  2. bbcardz
  3. Matt
  4. Fuji
  5. GTT
  6. Brett Alan
  7. defgav

IP: 70.24.46.121
Timestamp: 2022-07-26 02:14:51 UTC


And it's Jon! I'll get in touch with you and find something else to send you.

We'll try the randomization again:

List Randomizer

There were 7 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

  1. GTT
  2. defgav
  3. bbcardz
  4. Matt
  5. Brett Alan
  6. Fuji
  7. Jon

IP: 70.24.46.121
Timestamp: 2022-07-26 02:35:36 UTC

Don't use this service for giveaways! Use Multi-Round Giveaways instead 

You have randomized this list 2 times.


Congratulations, GTT! If you could send me an email with your address, I'll get the Minoso in the mail to you. My email is in my profile on this page.


For those that noticed the twenty minute difference between the two randomizations, well I was watching the end of the Phillies/Braves game.

As a Mets fan, I really didn't want either team to win, but a Phillies win would give the Mets an extra half-game in the standings. I found myself in the uncomfortable position of hoping for a Phillies win. And they actually came back late to win! I'll grudgingly say "Good job!" to them. Now go on and sweep the series!


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations GTT and Jon! That card is awesome! Love the bright back. Nice shot of the Oakland Coliseum in the background. Kinda interesting though that Topps didn't choose a photo with Comiskey though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might be the most difficult blogger to find things for right now, which is why I haven't been entering any contests. Would it be possible to just forget about me and instead send something to Andy (#2 on the list)?

    ReplyDelete