Monday 12 August 2019

Recent Sportlots order: 2007 - 2018 cards

Here is the final batch of cards from my recent Sportlots orders.


Top (l-r): 2007 Topps - Copper #62 (#/2007); - Copper #253 (#/2007)
Bottom (l-r): 2007 Upper Deck - Football Heroes #88; 2010 Topps Chrome - Bowman Chrome Rookies #BCR-8

I only owned one of the ten copper parallel cards for the Browns team set before this order. As with most parallels, I'll grab them when I can.

I was a fan of both Brady Quinn and Colt McCoy, and am very happy to pick up new cards of both of them.

L-R: 2010 Panini Classics - Sunday's Best #8; - Team Colors #14

Two nice inserts for the 2010 Panini Classics set.

Top (l-r): 2010 Topps Unrivaled - Gold #108 (#/499); - Rookie Autographs #108 (#/99)
Bottom: 2012 SAGE Hit - Red #103

With the Topps Unrivaled cards, here is another instance where I've acquired a parallel and autograph before getting the base card. The autographed card is the most expensive card of this post at $2.00. It is my eleventh autographed card of Montario Hardesty.

I already owned the base card for the Brandon Weeden card.

Top (l-r): 2012 Topps - Gold #104 (#/2012); 2012 Topps Magic - Minis #128
Bottom (l-r): 2012 Topps Prime Retail - Blue #141; 2013 Panini Crown Royale - Bronze #16

A bunch more parallels of Browns cards where I already own the base cards. I haven't looked through my binders yet, but I'm pretty sure that I already own this Crown Royale Weeden card. I was happy at how few cards I bought that turned out to be doubles.

In my first Sportlots post, I mentioned that I started looking through the site by looking for Panini Stickers that I needed. Here is the start of what I bought.


Top (l-r): 2016 Panini Stickers #2 and #99
Bottom: 2016 Panini Stickers #100

The team logo sticker in the top right is foil.

The mascot shown on the bottom sticker is one of the NFL created Rush Zone mascots. I read that the Browns one is named K-9.


Top (l-r): 2016 Panini Stickers #101 and #102
Bottom (l-r): 2016 Panini Stickers #103 and #106

The three darker scans are foil stickers. I like the look of the textured stripes in the background on them.


Top (l-r): 2016 Panini Stickers #107, #108 and #109
Bottom (l-r): 2016 Panini Stickers #110, #111 and #112

I like the illustrated Barnidge sticker in the middle of the top row, but the eight on his number and his left leg seem a little off to me.

Top (l-r): 2017 Panini Stickers #12 and #98
Bottom: 2017 Panini Stickers #99

Another year of stickers, and another of the Rush Zone mascot stickers.


Top (l-r): 2017 Panini Stickers #100, #101 and #102
Bottom (l-r): 2017 Panini Stickers #103, #104 and #105

Again, the stickers that scanned dark are foil.

The Brock Osweiler sticker might be the only card to show him in a Browns uniform. He was listed as a member of the Browns in the Prestige set, but was still in his Texans uniform.


Top (l-r): 2017 Panini Stickers #106, #107 and #108
Bottom (l-r): 2017 Panini Stickers #109, #110 and #111
I think that I prefer the illustrated Browns sticker in this set compared to the one in the previous year. I kind of like the reflection in the visor.


Top (l-r): 2017 Donruss Certified Cuts #83; 2018 Panini Classics #23
Bottom (l-r): 2018 Panini #69 and #71

Outside of the stickers, there were still base cards that I needed that were found in the different sellers' inventories.


Top (l-r): 2018 Panini Elite Draft Picks #17 and #45
Bottom: 2018 Panini Prestige #119

There always seem to be college cards of Browns draft picks that I need. I don't mind collecting them. They're good for a change of pace every now and then.


Top (l-r): 2018 Panini Rookies & Stars #69 and 70
Bottom: 2018 Panini Rookies & Stars #71

Tyrod Taylor may not have had many starts with the Browns before Baker Mayfield took over, but from everything that I read, he was a great mentor and leader with the team. I know that he signed with the Chargers in the off-season, but I haven't heard anything about how he is doing with them. I wish him the best!

L-R: 2018 Panini Stickers #97, #98 and #99

These foil stickers had fancy patterns  in the background. Of course, with the Duke Johnson trade last week, neither player on the foil stickers above are with the team anymore.

Top (l-r): 2018 Panini Stickers #102 and #105
Bottom (l-r): 2018 Panini Stickers #108 and #109

I've been reading and hearing that Myles Garrett has been pretty dominant so far this training camp. Garrett finished last season with 13.5 sacks, falling half a sack short of the team record. I think that if he stays healthy, most people expect him to break the team record this year.


L-R: 2018 Panini Playoff #46 and #49

My purchases finished off with a couple more base cards that I needed.

The cards shown in this post came to $19.38, which is basically the equivalent of another blaster.

When looking to buy individual inexpensive cards, it is hard to beat Sportlots prices.  They are generally better than you will find on COMC during sales (although COMC gives you the additional benefit of seeing the exact scan of your card), and definitely better than the individual prices on eBay. You just have to pay attention to the different sellers' shipping prices.

The other problem with Sportlots is that it can be a little time intensive to search through various sellers' inventories. All in all, though, I think that the return I get from the cards and their prices is well worth the time that I have to spend to construct the orders.

2 comments:

  1. I use Sportlots quite a bit too. The last card I got was one I really wanted, but it took forever to get to me. Still worth checking out, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to use Sportlots a lot when I was buying 49ers, Raiders, Giants, and Warriors cards for my students. But I haven't used it much the past 2 or 3 years. Although if I ever decide to sell cards, I might end up using that site.

    ReplyDelete