Tuesday 10 January 2017

COMC Black Friday: Part Two - One signed card of a Hall of Famer

While attending San Diego Comic-Con 2015, I stopped by a very cluttered card store a short walk from the convention center.


When I mentioned that I was looking for Browns cards, the dealer pulled out some cards that I was unfamiliar with. They were from a 1998 set of postcard sized cards - Ron Mix Hall of Fame Platinum Autographs, and the cards are hand numbered out of 2500. Among the cards that he showed me he had a Leroy Kelly card that I bought from him.


I came across, and bought, the following card while browsing through Browns cards during the COMC Black Friday sale.






Isn't this a great card? Great art on the front, with a nice clear signature, and a lot of good information on the back.


Mike McCormack was born in Chicago on June 21, 1930, and passed away in Palm Desert, California on November 15, 2013 at the age of 83.


As noted in the last line of the card above, he helped establish the Panthers franchise and there is a statue of him outside their stadium.

1 comment:

  1. This is closer to a piece of art than a trading card - awesome find!

    ReplyDelete