Wednesday 7 December 2016

Box break - 2016 Panini Football, Part 2

Continuing from yesterday, and it looks like my one guaranteed hit should be in this half-box, and there are still plenty of Browns to look for. Let's get to it!

Pack 13:


74     Vic Beasley Jr. - Falcons
68     Joe Haden - Browns
63     Cecil Shorts III - Texans
116   Dre Kirkpatrick - Bengals
106   Tyler Eifert - Bengals
196   Von Miller - Broncos
Decorated 15     Emmitt Smith - Cowboys
Shining Armor parallel 293   Darron Lee - Jets
217   Emmanuel Ogbah - Browns
207   Sheldon Rankins - Saints

Well, two Browns in the first pack makes it a good start.

Pack 14:


59     Kamar Aiken - Ravens
34     Matt Ryan - Falcons
187   Tavon Austin - Rams
179   Torrey Smith - 49ers
172   Jordan Matthews - Eagles
Knights of the Round Die-Cuts 12     Marshall Faulk - Rams
Royal Family 4     Sterling & Shannon Sharpe - Packers / Broncos
Sacrifice Die-Cut 52     Jason Witten - Cowboys (#/199)
297   Kamalei Correa - Ravens
288   Pharoh Cooper - Rams

Okay, this pack just threw the six base veteran cards out the window, but I don't think I should complain too much about getting an extra insert, and one that I hadn't seen yet.

Pack 15:


26     Jeremy Langford - Bears
17     Ted Ginn Jr. - Panthers
7       Kelvin Benjamin - Panthers
166   Paul Posluszny - Jaguars
145   Randall Cobb - Packers
139   Jordan Reed - Redskins
Accolades 14     Aaron Rodgers - Packers
Knight's Templar parallel 267   Kevin Dodd - Titans
280   Christian Hackenberg - Jets
273   Malcolm Mitchell - Patriots

After the back-to-back Panthers was another blue bordered card for the Jaguars. At first I thought that I might have pulled three consecutive cards on one team.

Pack 16:


58     Duke Johnson - Browns
56     Martellus Bennett - Patriots
19     Kenny Britt - Rams
181   Heath Miller - Steelers
174   Allen Hurns - Jaguars
168   Carson Palmer - Cardinals
Combine Champions 14     Braxton Miller - Texans
Shining Armor parallel 131   Richard Sherman - Seahawks
227   DeAndre Washington - Raiders
218   Jared Goff - Rams

I just had to show the Steelers uniform here. It bumps out the number one draft pick from the scan.

Pack 17:


9       Chris Long - Patriots
99     Kirk Cousins - Redskins
90     Danny Woodhead - Chargers
163   Mike Wallace - Ravens
159   Carlos Hyde - 49ers
134   Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie - Giants
Decorated 14     Terrell Davis - Broncos
Knight's Templar parallel 173   Anthony Barr - Vikings
208   Su'a Cravens - Redskins
298   Demarcus Robinson - Chiefs

I do like the Chargers powder blue uniforms.

Pack 18:


82     Darren McFadden - Cowboys
75     Golden Tate - Lions
69     Justin Forsett - Ravens
126   Sammy Watkins - Bills
117   Amari Cooper - Raiders
107   LeGarrette Blount - Patriots
Accolades 13     DeAngelo Hall - Redskins
Chainmail Armor parallel 141   Bobby Wagner - Seahawks
289   Dak Prescott - Cowboys
281   Nelson Spruce - Rams

I'm sure that Sammy Watkins is more frustrated than any Bills fan at his foot. With his talent, I hope that he gets and stays healthy.

I'm happy for Dak Prescott and the start to his career that he is having. He's lucky he didn't wind up behind the Browns O-Line.

Pack 19:


64     Mohamed Sanu - Falcons
60     Melvin Gordon - Chargers
57     Tom Brady - Patriots
197   Aaron Donald - Rams
188   David Johnson - Cardinals
180   Andrew Luck - Colts
Legends of the Shield 14     Marcus Allen - Raiders
Sacrifice Die-Cut 134   Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie - Giants (#/199)
274   Connor Cook - Raiders
268   Leonte Carroo - Dolphins

I'm really surprised at the Cardinals offense this year. Johnson seems to be holding up his end.

One of my friends will be happy, I seem to pulling a lot of Raiders.

Pack 20:


27     Josh Norman - Redskins
18     Emmanuel Sanders - Broncos
8       DeMarcus Ware - Broncos
173   Anthony Barr - Vikings
167   Malcolm Smith - Raiders
162   Reshad Jones - Dolphins
Combine Champions 15   Justin Simmons - Broncos
Blue Knight 42     Tony Romo - Cowboys (#/99)
263   Laquon Treadwell - Vikings
259   Kevin Hogan - Chiefs   

Many people were surprised when the Panthers let Josh Norman go. He seems to be playing well in Washington.

Although Kevin Hogan is now a Brown, this card doesn't fit my Browns collection.

Pack 21:


98     Jameis Winston - Buccaneers
89     Buck Allen - Ravens
81     Marshawn Lynch - Seahawks
140   Justin Houston - Chiefs
133   Teddy Bridgewater - Vikings
125   Eddie Lacy - Packers
Knight School 13     Ezekiel Elliott - Cowboys
Knight's Templar parallel 167   Malcolm Smith - Raiders
234   Jordan Howard - Bears
226   Vonn Bell - Saints

I figured that I had to include Marshawn Lynch in here, a true character in the game. I understood what he was trying to do with his press availabilities but thought he was a bit ridiculous with some of his antics.

Pack 22:


97     Danny Amendola - Patriots
88     Josh McCown - Browns
80     Malcom Floyd - Chargers
132   Lamar Miller - Texans
124   Victor Cruz - Giants
115   Aaron Rodgers - Packers
Legends of the Shield 15   Eric Dickerson - Colts
Knight's Templar parallel 162   Reshad Jones - Dolphins
267   Kevin Dodd - Titans
262   Maliek Collins - Cowboys

The McCown card was the last of the veteran Browns needed for the base set. Still need a few rookies though.

It's funny, I rarely think of Dickerson as a Colt. I remember him with the Rams and Raiders. When I saw this card I went, "Oh, yeah."

Pack 23:


73     Jadeveon Clowney - Texans
67     Julian Edelman - Patriots
62     Dez Bryant - Cowboys
105   Ezekial Ansah - Lions
195   Jonathan Stewart - Panthers
186   Demaryius Thomas - Broncos
Rookie Calligraphy RC-YN   Yannick Ngakoue - Jaguars
Sacrifice Die-Cut 216   Jalen Ramsey - Jaguars (#/199)
240   Jacoby Brissett - Patriots
233   Chris Jones - Chiefs

My hit was found! And I much prefer an autograph over a relic. I'm not a Jaguars fan, but at least I pulled a rookie that is having a very good season. He has 6 sacks, 3 forced fumbles and 1 interception twelve games into his rookie season.


I can honestly say that I didn't remember my hit when I started scanning this box break. I remembered it wasn't from one of the favorite teams. It was summer, and to tell the truth I didn't know who this player was. It is nice when a forgotten hit turns out to be pretty nice.

Pack 24:


40     Philip Rivers - Chargers
33     DeAndre Hopkins - Texans
25     Chris Ivory - Jaguars
178   Larry Fitzgerald - Cardinals
171   Karlos Williams - Bills
149   Pierre Garcon - Redskins
Combine Champions 16     Derrick Henry - Titans
Sacrifice Die-Cut 109   Matt Jones - Redskins
225   Vernon Hargreaves III - Buccaneers
216   Jalen Ramsey - Jaguars

It was nice to see Larry Fitzgerald move into the #3 spot on the all-time receptions list over the weekend. He's a great player that I will be happy to say that I saw play live.

Should I be surprised that Panini doesn't use the ç in Garçon?

Some good news before I look at the numbers from this half-box - no doubles in the box.

71/200 base veteran cards - giving me 143/200
24/100 base rookie cards - giving me 48/100
4/11     base Browns cards - giving me 7/11

2/20     Accolades insert set - giving me 4/20
3/20     Combine Champions insert set - giving me 5/20
2/20     Decorated insert set - giving me 4/20
1/15     Knight School insert set - giving me 3/15
1/40     Knights of the Round Die-Cut insert set - giving me 1/40
2/20     Legends of the Shield insert set - giving me 4/20
1/30     Rookie Calligraphy insert set - giving me 1/30
1/5       Royal Family insert set - giving me 2/5

Checking out the consecutive numbers from yesterday, the trend continued here. All of the inserts where I have multiple cards gave me sequential numbers from the checklist. I guess they can be more certain of their collation that way, but I would hate to wind up getting a whole box of duplicate inserts if that were to happen by doing it this way.

4 Sacrifice Die-Cut parallels (#/199) - giving me 8
4 Knight's Templar parallels, I think - giving me 8
1 Blue Knight parallel (#/99) -giving me 2
2 Shining Armor parallels, I think - giving me 4
1 Chainmail Armor parallel - giving me 2

As with most people, I have fun opening boxes. However, I really think I bought it more because I just wanted to open something this summer, not because I really needed to. Especially since it was a retail box, not a hobby box. As with a lot of other bloggers, and since I'm not trying to complete a set, I think that I'm better off just buying the Browns cards that I want at the various online sites.

1 comment: