Monday 30 November 2015

A very simple contest: 'Tis the season!

Here we are on the cusp of moving into December. Stores are all outfitted in Christmas decorations, some radio stations have switched to an all-Christmas music format until after the holidays, my choir had our first Christmas season concert out of ten last Thursday with number two on the schedule tonight...

What does this have to do with my card blog? Well, Gavin at Baseball Card Breakdown had an interesting post talking about how some trading seems cliquish, and how us members of the cardsphere (promoting the use of his word) could possibly reach out to each other more. (And at that, I'm not even on the Sports Card Blogroll that he mentioned. I need to reach out too!)

Anyway, what I'm getting to here is a very simple concept. I'll admit that I used contest in the heading to draw in readers, but it is going to be like a contest that everyone wins! To anyone that enters by sending me an email at my gmail account - armaclennan - I will send them a Christmas card with something hopefully relating to what they want. Send me your mailing address and what you collect (would prefer to hear it by teams but if you're only a player or non-sport collector I'll see what I can do) and I'll send you a Christmas card with a few cards, hopefully something you'll think is cool.

And what this will also do is allow me to have a better idea of who collects what so I can keep my eye out for neat things, and also build up an email and physical address list to mail things along to. Also, if you can, leave a comment here saying that you sent me an email - t will give other people an idea of if I've bitten off more than I can chew! This should be fun!

I'm very interested to see how many people will take me up on this, and when I hear from you, I'll try to get out the first batch of cards next weekend but no promises as to when things will get out because I do have to find something to put inside the cards.

Since I think that I need to have some pictures of cards in a blog post, here are some Santa football cards:
1989 Pro Set

1990 Pro Set

1991 Pro Line

1993 NFL Properties - Pacific

I know I have a few different Santas, and am sure that I have the second one shown here, but really don't remember all the ones that I have, or where they are. I would know if Santa were wearing a Browns uniform because then it would be in one of my binders!

Hope to hear from you soon!

13 comments:

  1. That is a great idea. Trading is the best way to meet new people. Count me in. I'm guessing you probably have my address....if not let me know and I'll resend it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I've got it, and am happy with the response so far!

      Delete
  2. Incredibly easy contest!I like my chances ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just letting you know I read it and I always enjoy the Santa cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very generous offer, plus I love receiving Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice gesture, Angus. I remember from our trade on the Database that you are a very generous person, and this underlines that for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice contest. Love the Santa cards from Pro Set. (I had forgotten about those).
    Thought you were going to break out the Coca Cola cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great idea. I threw an email your way

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sign me up, fantastic idea Angus. I've dropped an email your way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have sent you an e-mail.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Angus - hi! Sending an email your way. Merry Christmas! Thanks for your generosity!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for spreading some holiday cheer! I'll be sending an email your way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Received a package from you today...thank you!

    ReplyDelete